Hoarding Cleaning Services for Hutchinson, MN
Hoarding disorder has gotten increased attention in the past several years as the symptoms have become much better understood as the result of a more complex anxiety disorder. This more complete understanding of hoarding has carried over into the restoration industry as hoarding cleaning services have been adjusted to better help individuals that struggle with these issues. Hoarding can lead to dangerous and unhealthy living conditions in a home which is why it is important for family members to reach out to these individuals and help them clean up their homes. ServiceMaster Professional Services provides hoarding cleaning services in Hutchinson, MN to help clean up and restore hoarders’ homes to a safe living condition.
The approach that we take with all hoarding cleaning projects is realistic, honest, and compassionate as our experience shows that this approach is more likely to be successful. More often than not, hoarders are embarrassed by their situation as well as the condition of their homes and our approach helps ease their embarrassment and establish a feeling of mutual respect. Hoarding behaviors tend to manifest as a complete inability to throw anything away including trash, newspapers, food containers and other objects. When the hoard of items grows, it can cut off access to certain areas of the home and lead to mold or bacteria growth which makes the home unsanitary.
ServiceMaster Professional Services uses the best cleaning equipment as well as the best personal protective equipment (PPE) available to clean up and restore the worst cases of hoarding. Our technicians are licensed, bonded, and insured and we make sure our hoarding cleaning services are done within the rules and regulations of OSHA, the EPA, and the Department of Transportation. It is important for us to establish a level of trust and respect with the individual before beginning any cleaning. The 3-phase approach we take with every hoarding cleaning project includes the following:
- Phase 1: We make a personal connection with the affected individual to build a level of trust and respect.
- Phase 2: We work with the individual to create a cleaning plan that will be followed throughout the restoration process.
- Phase 3: After the cleaning is done, we will follow up to make sure the home is still clean and provide more help if necessary.
The following steps are part of Phase 2 of the hoarding cleaning process:
- Valuable items such as jewelry, money, and other objects will be saved
- Unnecessary or unwanted objects are removed
- We can help decide what gets thrown away, donated, or recycled
- Valuable items are given to friends and family members
- We can do the necessary paperwork from lawyers and government agencies
- The home is disinfected and deodorized once the hoarded items are removed
If you have a friend or family member that struggles with hoarding issues, it is important to reach out to them before the living conditions in their home become dangerous. ServiceMaster Professional Services provides hoarding cleaning services in Hutchinson, MN to help hoarders clean out their homes by earning their trust and respect. We can be reached 24 hours a day at (320) 587-3939 to provide more information about our hoarding cleaning services.