Jokes of the Day
My 12 year old daughter asked me, “Mom, do you have a baby picture of yourself? I need it for a school project.”
I gave her one without thinking to ask what the project was.
A few days later I was in her classroom for a parent-teacher meeting when I noticed my face pinned to a mural the students had created.
The title of their project was: “The oldest thing in my house.”
We were on our way to the hospital where our 16-year-old daughter was scheduled to undergo a tonsillectomy. During the ride we talked about how the procedure would be performed.
“Dad,” our teenager asked, “how are they going to keep my mouth open during the surgery?”
Without hesitation he quipped, “They’re going to give you a phone.”
Meet The Parents
A young man looking to get married asked his friend. “Every woman I bring home to meet my parents, my mother doesn’t like.”
“Oh, that’s easy,” his pal replied. “All you have to do is find someone who is just like your mother.”
“I did that already,” he said, “and that one my father didn’t like.”
CE Classes in 2019 and some are FREE
The full schedule is now found at https://www.svmps.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/2019-CE-Flyer-2.pdf . While there, you will notice something different. Now you can get a day of CE classes for FREE! How? Call Fred McGuire on his cell phone at (320) 333-5383 with your next client claim and get your choice of a full day of CE.
Jim Rohn Quotes
“If you don’t like how things are, change it! You’re not a tree.”
“The more you care, the stronger you can be.”
“Start from wherever you are and with whatever you’ve got.”
What my Knees Taught Me
by Fred McGuire
This summer, I woke up one morning with pain in both my knees. I had never experienced any pain in them before. But I did that day and it hurt. Well, 5 months later, several physical therapy sessions, plus 1 injection and they are doing much better. Reflecting on what happened, this is what I have learned:
- Don’t take my health for granted. I have had few health issues my whole life but now in my 60’s I have learned that I need to change a few things. And I have.
- Get professional advice. It wasn’t long and I realized this pain was not going away. I started with my primary doctor and was directed to other specialists for help. I learned some simple and effective ways to help myself through daily stretching and strength producing activity. Some of them were counter-intuitive but they worked. Only the experts were able to point me in the right direction.
- Do what I can to avoid problems in the future. I am now on a 6-day-a-week program that is expected to buy me at least 15 years of time before a knee replacement. And a weight loss initiative that will take unneeded strain off my joints. So far, I am much better.
This sounds like a formula for tackling any problem, doesn’t it?
Need to report a claim? Call someone you know.
If you have a claim, question or concern, call me on my cell phone for easy response. Fred McGuire (320) 333-5383
Now a Word – from our Customers
The following are quotes from our recent customers:
- “Prompt courteous service. They came and dried the self leveler under my brand new wood floors so that we didn’t have to tear all that up. Each tech that was here was very polite and explained their process each day. They called before they came. Thanks!”S.
- “Shawn was very considerate & polite. He started removing all the wet items & got equipment set up quickly. I would definitely recommend him to anyone.”P.
- “Very professional and thorough but also very understanding and personable. The process was extensive because of insurance requirements which was difficult to manage with my husband with dementia but when I called to ask that the equipment be picked up the manager came out himself and did it. He was so kind, it was such a blessing. He made a difficult day so much better. You are so lucky to have staff like these.”W.
TV to Watch
2019 Winter Olympics Feb 9-25
One American athlete to watch will be Nathan Chen in Men’s Figure Skating. The 18-year-old once had to wear his sister’s hand-me-down skates because his family couldn’t afford to buy him a pair of his own.
Nathan broke records when he became the first man in international skating history to land five quads (a jump that requires a skater to make four rotations in the air before landing) in the 2017 U.S. National Championships.
Before that, Chen had to battle back from a devastating hip injury which cost him two months away from the sport, but according to the young athlete, gave him perspective and an appreciation of skating he didn’t have before.
Book to Read
The Little Things. Why you really should sweat the small stuff. by Andy Andrews
The Little Things embodies his own approach to life and work, detailing for the first time some of the exclusive material that he uses to teach and coach some of the most successful corporations, teams, and individuals around the world.
“In a world where so many feel powerless, wouldn’t it be great to feel in control? Then know this. Perspective can be more important than basic answers.
“I am more passionate than ever about my search to notice that one thing . . . that one tiny thing that, when understood and harnessed, allows us to create a life of extraordinary purpose and powerful results. It’s less about drive and will power than it is about understanding certain principles and why they work . . . every time.