Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration for Hutchinson, MN
The potential for a fire should be taken very seriously in homes and offices because fires can cause extensive damage in such a short period of time. The threat is not over even after the fire is put out as the chemical emissions from burned synthetic materials as well as soot and other corrosive byproducts will continue to settle and cause more extensive damage. The damage caused by smoke and fire will become permanent within just a few days if the restoration work does not begin quickly enough.
ServiceMaster Professional Services provides smoke and fire damage restoration services in Hutchinson, MN to help homes and businesses that have been damaged in a fire. We have the advanced training and equipment to provide fire damage restoration in commercial and residential settings and we can remove soot from at-risk household surfaces including brass, marble, tile, chrome, aluminum, porcelain, carpeting, and upholstery with specific chemical combinations.
What to DO After a Fire
- Contact SVMPS for fire and smoke damage restoration services as soon as the fire is put out to contain the damage.
- If the outside temperature is above 60 degrees, open your doors and windows to air out the home.
- You can prevent permanent tarnishing by cleaning Formica, porcelain, and aluminum surfaces.
- If your furnace uses forced hot air, change the air filter.
- You can filter soot from the air by taping a damp cheesecloth over each return and supply register.
- Open food containers should be thrown away.
- If the power goes out, clean out the inside of your refrigerator and leave the door open for drying.
- Save your smoke damaged clothing for our restoration dry cleaning services.
What NOT to Do After a Fire
- Do not directly touch smoke or soot damaged surfaces because the natural oils in your hand penetrate drywall and woodwork to make the damage worse.
- Do not try to wash soot from the walls, improper cleaning methods will compound the problem.
- Do not wash carpeting or upholstery, this should be done by professionals.
- Do not use electrical appliances until they are tested for safety.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet.
Smoke and Fire Damage Cleanup
Our technicians are highly trained and experienced to handle large and small losses from fire damage and our advanced cleaning products and equipment allow us to repair and restore heavily damaged structural elements and furnishings. Our five-step fire and smoke damage restoration process includes:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
If a fire occurs in your home or building, it is important to ensure everyone’s safety and call the local fire department to have the flames extinguished. Once the fire is out, contact ServiceMaster Professional Services to provide fire and smoke damage restoration in Hutchinson, MN. We respond quickly to mitigate the damage which will save time and money on the entire restoration process. Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day at (320) 587-3939 to respond to fire damage emergencies in Hutchinson, MN.