Smoke and Fire Damage Restoration – Mandan, ND
Even after the fire is out, the damage continues. Much of the material found in furniture and flooring is synthetic and when burned, it can create a variety of complex chemical reactions that can continue to cause significant damage after the flames have been put out. After only a few days, these items go from cleanable to unsalvageable.
The professionals of ServiceMaster Professional Services provide fire and smoke damage restoration services to homes and businesses in Mandan, ND. Our technicians are experts in understanding the chemical combinations that can effectively clean and salvage your furnishings and personal belongings. We can even remove soot from at-risk surfaces such as brass, aluminum, chrome, marble, tile, and porcelain as well as fabrics such as carpet and upholstery.
What to do after smoke and fire damage
- Call for professional help immediately because corrosive byproducts can cause irreversible etching in just 72 hours.
- Air out your home or building if the temperature is above 60 degrees.
- Clean Formica, chrome, porcelain, and aluminum fixtures to prevent permanent tarnishing or etching.
- Change the air filter on your furnace if it uses forced hot air.
- Tape a damp cheesecloth over the returns and supply registers to capture loose soot from the air.
- Throw away open food packages.
- If the power is out, clean out the refrigerator and leave the door propped open.
- Clothing with smoke damage can be salvaged with our restoration dry cleaning.
What NOT to do after smoke and fire damage
- Do not touch anything because oil from your hands can permeate upholstery, walls, and woodwork, causing additional damage.
- Do not attempt to wash the walls because cleaning them improperly will compound the soot residue.
- Do not try to wash your carpets or furniture.
- Do not use electrical appliances until they are checked.
- Do not use any ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet.
Smoke and Fire Damage Restoration Process
The technicians of ServiceMaster Professional Services are highly trained to restore smoke and fire damage in commercial and residential settings and we use the most advanced equipment and cleaning products available. Our five-step fire and smoke damage restoration process includes the following steps:
- Emergency Pre-Cleaning
- Content Cleaning
- Content Pack-out
- Wall and Ceiling Cleaning
If your home or business in Mandan, ND suffers fire damage, make sure to contact ServiceMaster Professional Services immediately to help limit and restore the damage before it becomes permanent. We have the training and equipment necessary to effectively clean and restore your furnishing and personal belongings. Call us 24 hours a day at 701-222-7218 to respond to fire damage emergencies in Mandan, ND and Burleigh, Emmons, Grant, Kidder, McLean, Mercer, Morton, Oliver, Sheridan, and Sioux counties.