Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration for Marshall, MN
Fires are very serious disasters that can cause major damage to a home or building and significantly threaten the safety of those around. Once the fire is out and everyone is safe from danger, the damage from the fire will continue to get worse as soot, chemical emissions, and other corrosive byproducts settle throughout the building. This can result in permanent tarnishing and etching within a few days which is why you should call for fire damage restoration once the fire is put out.
ServiceMaster Professional Services provides fire and smoke damage restoration services to repair and restore homes and businesses in Marshall, MN that have sustained damage in a fire. Our technicians use the best cleaning equipment and products in the industry to handle any size fire loss in commercial and residential settings and we can also effectively restore soot damaged marble, brass, aluminum, tile, chrome, porcelain, upholstery and carpeting with our specialized cleaners.
What to DO After a Fire
- Call SVMPS as soon as the fire is extinguished for fire and smoke damage restoration services.
- Open up the doors and windows in your home to air it out if the temperature is above 60 degrees.
- Wipe down aluminum, porcelain, and Formica surfaces to prevent permanent tarnishing.
- Change the air filter on your furnace if it uses forced hot air.
- Put a damp cheesecloth over each return and supply register to help filter soot from the air.
- Throw away open food packages.
- Thoroughly clean out your refrigerator if the power is out and leave it open to dry.
- Hold aside your smoke damaged clothing for our specialized dry cleaning.
What NOT to Do After a Fire
- Avoid direct contact with soot damaged surfaces including wood and drywall because oils from your hand will make the soot damage worse.
- Do not wash soot damaged walls because washing them improperly will worsen the damage.
- Leave carpet and upholstery cleaning to the professionals.
- Do not use electrical appliances until they have been inspected.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures on a wet ceiling.
Fire and Smoke Damage Cleanup
ServiceMaster Professional Services is equipped to handle small and large losses from fires with the most advanced cleaning products and equipment available. We can effectively clean and restore fire damaged structural elements, furnishings, and personal belongings with the following steps:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
- Odor removal
Fire damage should never be taken lightly even after the fire is put out so make sure to contact ServiceMaster Professional Services as soon as possible for fire damage restoration services in Marshall, MN. We can stop the spread of the damage after the fire to prevent permanent etching and we will begin the restoration right away. You can call us 24 hours a day at (320) 252-4622 for fire and smoke damage emergencies in Marshall, MN.