ServiceMaster Smoke and Fire Damage Restoration Services in Plymouth, MN
Fires can cause an extensive amount of damage to a home or building almost in an instant and even after the fire is extinguished, the damage does not stop spreading. Synthetic materials in many household objects such as furniture, appliances, and flooring release dangerous emissions and corrosive byproducts when burned that will continue to cause damage long after the fire is out. These corrosive byproducts can cause irreversible damage and etching within 72 hours.
ServiceMaster Professional Services provides smoke and fire damage restoration services for homes and businesses that have been damaged by fire in Plymouth, MN. We have the proper training and equipment to clean and restore the furnishings and structural elements of the building and we can also salvage at-risk household surfaces such as aluminum, chrome, marble, brass, tile, porcelain, carpeting, and upholstery using specific chemical combinations.
What to Do After a Fire
- Make sure to call us immediately after the fire is extinguished because corrosive byproducts can cause the damage to become permanent.
- If the temperature is above 60 degrees, open up doors and windows to air out the building.
- Prevent permanent tarnishing by cleaning chrome, Formica, aluminum, and porcelain fixtures.
- If your furnace uses forced hot air, replace the air filter.
- Filter loose soot from the air by taping a damp cheesecloth over the return and supply registers.
- Throw away open food containers.
- Thoroughly clean out your refrigerator if the power is out.
- Save smoke damaged clothing for our restoration dry cleaning services.
What NOT to Do After a Fire
- Do not touch damaged surfaces because the oil from your hands can cause additional damage.
- Do not wash walls with soot damage because improper cleaning can make it worse.
- Do not attempt to wash carpeting or upholstery.
- Do not use electrical appliances that have not been inspected.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures on a wet ceiling.
Smoke and Fire Damage Cleanup
Our technicians at ServiceMaster Professional Services have the training and equipment to provide effective smoke and fire damage restoration services in commercial and residential settings. We use the best cleaning products and equipment available in the industry and we have a five-step restoration and cleanup procedure that includes the following:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
If a fire has caused damage to your home or business in Plymouth, MN, contact ServiceMaster Professional Services as soon as possible for fire and smoke damage restoration services. We can help limit the spread of the damage after the fire as well as salvage and restore the furnishings and structural elements of the building. You can call us 24 hours a day at (763) 444-1473 for emergency fire damage restoration services in Plymouth, MN and the surrounding communities.