Water Damage Restoration and Cleaning for Willmar, MN
Just about every home and business in the state of Minnesota has had to deal with water damage as it can be brought on by wet weather conditions such as rain, flood, and humidity in addition to internal problems such as leaks and burst pipes. Water damage can be deceiving because it gets absorbed into the building materials and furnishings which makes even minor damage a potentially major problem without the proper action. ServiceMaster Professional Services provides water damage restoration services in Willmar, MN to remove water and moisture from homes and buildings as well as clean up and repair the damage. Our technicians are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to respond to water damage emergencies.
We react quickly to your call and arrive on the scene with the best drying equipment and cleaning products available to deal with water losses of any size in commercial and residential settings. With our advanced drying equipment, we can effectively remove water from the structural elements, furnishings, and content in your home.
What to Do in Case of Water Damage
- Immediately call SVMPS to stop the spread of the water damage which will save time and money on the restoration and prevent mold growth.
- Remove excess water by mopping and blot drying.
- Remove temporary floor coverings such as wet area rugs.
- Put drapery bottoms through a coat hanger and put the hanger on the rod to keep draperies off the floor.
- Wipe off excess water from furniture and prop up the cushions for even drying.
- Put paintings, photos, and similar objects in a safe location.
- If your books are damaged, keep them packed together tightly on the shelves to avoid page warping until they can be treated with our specialized drying process.
- Open up doors, windows, internal doors, and cabinet doors and drawers to help with drying.
What NOT to Do in Case of Water Damage
- Do not walk into a room with standing water unless the power is turned off.
- Do not use a normal household vacuum cleaner to remove water.
- Do not remove permanent flooring, leave this to a professional.
- Do not use electrical appliances while standing on a wet floor.
- Do not disturb mold or mildew growth, this is also best left to professionals.
Reacting quickly to water damage is important because it can get absorbed in building materials such as drywall, insulation, wood, and others that allow it to spread throughout the home or building. This results in widespread structural damage and greatly raises the risk for mold growth. We will help mitigate the damage so that it does not spread to unaffected areas and completely extract all water and moisture from absorbent materials with our specialized drying equipment. Our technicians provide the following with our water damage restoration services:
- Complete evaluation of the damage
- Removal of excess water and moisture
- Anti-microbial application
- Drying: air movement
- Drying: dehumidifying
- Drying: monitoring
Water damage can quickly become a much bigger problem without prompt action so call ServiceMaster Professional Services as soon as you discover water damage in your home or business in Willmar, MN. We are standing by to respond quickly to help mitigate water damage and remove excess water with our advanced drying equipment. Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day at (320) 235-3050.